DXZeff's Computing Forum
DXZeff's Computing Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Discord | Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recently Played/Bought/Messed with
Jump to page : < ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 >
Now viewing page 40 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Computer Speak -> General ComputingMessage format

UserH
Posted 2018-10-14 12:29 AM (#1437 - in reply to #1436)
Subject: Re: Recently Played/Bought/Messed with

Slow 8088

On the same land mass (that's quietly going to the dogs.. like the rest of the world) as DXzeff, Brostenen..

Some complete and utter basket case miggy 500's can be had for as low as around 30 something of HRH's notes.. But as I'm trying to make a "living" off the base dole.. Even that's a fucking stretch.. I'm not even going to bother looking at an A1200 either (They may as well be trying to sell me an Atari Falcon.. Which I'd love to have as well.. But those are pure fuck'n ubuntainium to me)

I'd consider a raspberry Pi.. IF there was a version of Ultra Amiga Emulator that could emulate a OCHI complaint USB controller with USB device pass through..

The Amithlon emulator has some cool hyperviser like device pass through feature, so you can get access to the host machines PCI bus, which means you can use all the good stuff like graphics boards, IDE and USB controllers, Ethernet etc.. So long as you have the OpenPCI and Amithlon device drivers installed (plus the native 68k drivers for the hardware, which would also work on a real machine with somthing like a Mediator Zorro to PCI bus bridge board) in Amiga OS. While UAE would never be able to pull something like that off.. Just a simple USB pass through feature would be enough.. As you can simply copy shit off a USB storage device using the Poseidon USB stack software.. Plus you can also piss around with other cool shit like USB midi interfaces and webcams etc.

Edited by UserH 2018-10-14 12:32 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Brostenen
Posted 2018-10-14 8:44 PM (#1438 - in reply to #1437)

AMD K6-2

#UserH
Ahhh I see. In that case, then real 68k Amiga's are expensive to you. Been there my self throughout the years. Really hope you get that Amithlon up and running. :-)
DXZeff
Posted 2018-10-17 12:56 AM (#1439 - in reply to #1438)

Pentium II

Currently tied up with video stuff but have no images to show. With all this talk of 80s micros though I did get this recorded a while ago; https://soundcloud.com/high_treason/dizzy-prince-of-the-yolkfolk
Whilst I'm used to playing the C64 version it wasn't that useful for learning the song, because the SID doesn't really generate tones that are close to actual notes much of the time, so the Spectrum version had to be listened to over and over instead.
Brostenen
Posted 2018-10-17 8:37 AM (#1440 - in reply to #1439)

AMD K6-2

#DXZeff
Cool. Yeah, the SID chip sometimes does not sound like anything else. Nearly finished with that A500 restore project. And in the next couple of weeks, I will install that accelerator card in my other A500, wich is a card with 030 50mhz CPU, FPU, extra Ram and IDE controller. Going to give it a new floppy drive as well. Then I have this A600, that I am going to give an kickrom switch and I am waiting for Individual computers to release new A600 scandoublers. And finally, I am going to give my C64 a full recap. I recieved new caps for it a couple of days ago.

After that, I am going back to PC, as I need to move a DX33 machine to another and better looking case. And I need to get a butt-load of zip-ties for cable management in all my machines. Another thing that I need to look for, is a SD-SCSI adaptor, as my old SCSI drive are dying. My 1gb drive, the one that are dying, will short curcuit or something. The PSU shuts down, once the drive begins to spinn up. So an SD adaptor for my VLB SCSI adaptor is in dire need. Especially when I want my DX2-80 to run SCSI. That is awesomme stuff.

Edited by Brostenen 2018-10-17 8:39 AM
Brostenen
Posted 2018-10-17 11:44 PM (#1441 - in reply to #1440)

AMD K6-2

Recapped my C64-C, board number 250469 Rev.3. It was beginning to flash in brightness intensity, and letters were sometimes unreadable. Furthermore it had a horisontal band of noise, moving slowly from top to bottom. Now all those issues are history.
Jump to page : < ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 >
Now viewing page 40 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software