DXZeff's Computing Forum
DXZeff's Computing Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Discord | Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recently Played/Bought/Messed with
Jump to page : < ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 >
Now viewing page 33 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Computer Speak -> General ComputingMessage format
Posted 2018-03-18 1:51 PM (#1183 - in reply to #1182)
Subject: Re: Recently Played/Bought/Messed with

Pentium II

Hard drives replaced, just in time too, the original drives are completely dead now. Anyway, fuck CloneZilla for throwing a fit and refusing to clone to a differently sized disk, even when the volumes being cloned are smaller than the destination disk, as well as not being able to write to RAID volumes whatsoever, wish I'd known about that when I started using it, Ghost used to handle it fine and that was nearly three decades ago now. Sometimes I swear computer technology is going backwards.

Regardless, the server is back, it should be for a while (these are Seagate drives, so expect them to break in six months, could have sworn I ordered WD ones) and it should also load things a little faster. Response time (not load time) might be longer though as the mirroring setup I now have to use isn't too quick and it can take a while to get moving, it should improve a little with time though as the system is still poking the drives contents around a bit.

Ah, well, have things to do here involving Pentium II's, VCRs and cameras, so I suppose I should go and do those things.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : < ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 >
Now viewing page 33 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software