DXZeff's Computing Forum
DXZeff's Computing Forum
Search | Statistics | User Listing Discord | Forums | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recently Played/Bought/Messed with
Jump to page : < ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 >
Now viewing page 32 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Computer Speak -> General ComputingMessage format

Brostenen
Posted 2018-01-17 10:37 PM (#1150 - in reply to #71)
Subject: Re: Recently Played/Bought/Messed with

IDT WinChip

I bought this Tseng ET-4000 PCI card a while back. Actually... I bought an ET-4000 ISA card a while back, and the seller (shop in Germany) reported back that they had none left. Some sort of storage inventory error of some sort. So they asked me, to pick something else and I picked this card. I did not even have to pay additional fee or something like that. All in all... I recieved this card for only 9.99 Euro, plus 10 Euro for the shipping. Can't complain....

All that said... I finally had time to test it yesterday. And it is working like a charm. I was a bit worried, that it could not be used without the daughterboard, yet it is working just like any other VGA card. The best part is the signal quality. It is strong and on a LCD screen, there is none of those spaghetti lines. (I am speaking of those vertical white or beige ones)

The card is build solid. Thick PCB and good components. Just a wonderfull card. Though it really need a 486 system, in order to be used era correctly. And in that case, I am thinking about something in between highend and mid-range 486 systems. Something like a dx2-80 to dx4-100 with PCI slots and 16mb of Ram. And it is for those that want something a tad different in their collection of old hardware.

Edited by Brostenen 2018-01-17 10:39 PM

(ET-4000-PCI.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ET-4000-PCI.jpg (408KB - 5 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DXZeff
Posted 2018-01-18 5:51 AM (#1151 - in reply to #1150)

AMD K6-2

That is a truly lovely card, looks like it would have video acceleration or something if you found the proper driver for it, but that is probably long since lost to history as is the case with many of these.

Meanwhile I guess I should show this here;
Uploaded Image
Uploaded Image
I have big plans for this camcorder. Here's a quick clip of it running, though with no good way to digitize it currently it isn't doing it justice, the picture quality on a good VHS tape is surprisingly sharp all things considered;
Brostenen
Posted 2018-01-18 9:02 AM (#1152 - in reply to #1151)

IDT WinChip

Cool video recorder. I once, back many years, made a shortmovie using one that looks like that. The theme was dispair, loss and greef. So the movie is about suicide. Heh'.... I made some woman in the class cry. So mission accomplished I guess.

Regarding the ET4k card. It is for some rgb processing daughterboard or for a microscope or something. The second chip is an ET4000w32p as well. :-P
DXZeff
Posted 2018-01-18 4:43 PM (#1154 - in reply to #1152)

AMD K6-2

So it's not a V33? Now that is unusual.

Back in college I made a documentary using 16mm film, it wasn't great or anything but it was the only camera I had that could operate outside at the time, the digital one used to film for the internet lacked the capabilities or capacity to be of any use for the project. At the end of it all they wouldn't let me show the film at college for fear that it might scare people or some bullshit, it wasn't that in truth, it was because the teacher hated me and did everything he cold to try and fail me or have me thrown out. Jokes on him, I guess, because I was going to leave on the first day, I only stayed because he made the mistake of telling me he wanted me out. Either way, I spent all that time riding around the country filming in rain and thunder storms for nothing, all that hassle of getting the film developed and digitized, it sucked. Anyway, film is a technology I would never go back to for video, it was simply horrible to work with, but I have no gripes going back and playing with VHS again because that stuff just works.

Edited by DXZeff 2018-01-18 4:45 PM
Brostenen
Posted 2018-01-18 7:52 PM (#1155 - in reply to #1154)

IDT WinChip

Have to check. 32 or 33 are so close, and now I am not so shure that I read it correctly. That's for tomorrow, as my son is sleeping it the room tonight.
Brostenen
Posted 2018-01-19 3:41 PM (#1156 - in reply to #1155)

IDT WinChip

Yes. You are right. I must have read wrong. Yet what is a V33 chip? What can it do? All I know, is that the chip might be named viper or something like that, after some google searching.
DXZeff
Posted 2018-01-21 11:49 AM (#1157 - in reply to #1156)

AMD K6-2

Primarily it was used as a video interface and accelerator, but its video acceleration was primarily aimed at Vector Quantization, not at Motion Compensation as was used in later CODECs - short version; it would help playing something like Video 1 but it will do nothing in the way of things like MPEG. Some Viper chips were hooked up to Zoran MPEG decoders with a second buffer or were wired to allow video capture in some way, it greatly depended on the device.
waybacktech
Posted 2018-01-22 6:21 PM (#1158 - in reply to #1157)

Cyrix 6x86

You need a BMW sticker on that camera now.

Here are a couple of photos, not mine, of a couple camera's I have.

First one is a vintage, early 80's or about there Sears Video/Sound camera. Very serious lens on this thing. This is one of those camera's that had no mechanism to record anything, so it was made to go with one of those
portable VCR's that you could lug around and use in your car's 12v cig lighter. Mine is like brand new, I don't think it was ever used, original box/packaging and cables.

The second is the Sears VHS camcorder I was telling you about in your live chat. I think this was made by RCA for Sears in the early/mid 90's. Works great as well.I have the case for it, bad battery but runs off wall adapter/charger. B&W view finder and does playback. It might be one of those little CRT ones, probably I would think for the era. I can't believe it would be an LCD being a cheaper 90's camera.

Edited by waybacktech 2018-01-22 6:50 PM

(vintage-sears-color-video-sound_1_0bf35a18a14d58b06ef7f44ffb1b7b4f.jpg)

(maxresdefault.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments vintage-sears-color-video-sound_1_0bf35a18a14d58b06ef7f44ffb1b7b4f.jpg (201KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments maxresdefault.jpg (136KB - 1 downloads)
Jump to page : < ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 >
Now viewing page 32 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software